Close Menu
    ME Daily Mail: The Middle East, delivered daily.ME Daily Mail: The Middle East, delivered daily.
    • Automotive
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Luxury
    • News
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Travel
    ME Daily Mail: The Middle East, delivered daily.ME Daily Mail: The Middle East, delivered daily.
    Home » Investments by Apple in Japan surpass $100 billion
    Sports

    Investments by Apple in Japan surpass $100 billion

    December 13, 2022
    Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Telegram Tumblr Email Reddit VKontakte

    As Apple Inc’s Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook visited the epicenter of the country’s semiconductor industry, the company said it had invested more than $100 billion in its Japanese supply network over the past five years. It is reported that Apple said in a statement that its spending on suppliers in Japan has increased by more than 30% since 2019, with its network spanning nearly 1,000 companies, including multi-national entities and family-owned businesses, according to Reuters.

    Investments by Apple in Japan surpass $100 billionAs one of its biggest suppliers in Japan, Sony Group Corp provides camera sensors for iPhone products, and they are also said to be in close collaboration with medium- and small-sized companies, such as textile firm Inoue Ribbon Industry Co and mold manufacturer Shincron Co. In order to make sure that Apple’s businesses use renewable energy by 2030, 29 Japanese suppliers, including Sony, Murata Manufacturing Co, Keiwa Inc., Fujikura and Sumitomo Electric Industries, have committed to doing so.

    Related Posts

    Japan launches Michibiki No. 7 satellite aboard H3 rocket

    August 12, 2026

    South Korea Achieves $596.6 Million Tourism Surplus, Signaling Recovery

    August 10, 2026

    Kumamoto Earthquake Causes Death Toll to Climb to 34, Rescue Efforts Continue

    July 31, 2026

    Nvidia Drops Behind Apple as the Most Valuable Global Company, Market Shifts Drive Reversal

    July 29, 2026

    STARTRADER Introduces 24/7 US Stock CFDs Across NVIDIA, Apple, Meta, and Leading Global Equities

    July 22, 2026

    Apple expands Broadcom chip deal in U.S. manufacturing

    July 9, 2026
    Latest News

    Ebola Crisis in Congo Surpasses 5,000 Cases, Response Efforts Intensify

    August 19, 2026

    According to the World Health Organization, containment of the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo could be achievable within three months if sufficient resources are mobilized. As of August 16, official data indicate 5,021 confirmed cases and 2,378 fatalities. The outbreak has affected six provinces and 55 health zones, with a case fatality rate close to 47%. This has made it the deadliest Ebola event documented in the country’s history.WHO and Congo health teams strengthen surveillance amid the expanding Ebola outbreak. Thierno Baldé, WHO incident manager, emphasized that the timeline for containment hinges on maintaining adequate staffing, supplies, and operational support. The ongoing response has secured approximately $69.3 million of the $115 million needed. Over a two-week span, health teams have added more than 400 treatment beds, deployed 100 additional epidemiologists, and mobilized over 500 community health workers. These teams focus on surveillance, contact tracing, case identification, and patient referrals. Critical resources such as ambulances, vehicles, medical supplies, and trained personnel are essential across affected regions to support these efforts. Transmission has now reached Bas-Uélé, marking it as the sixth province impacted by the outbreak. While Ituri remained the primary hub of transmission in mid-August, accounting for the majority of confirmed cases and deaths, health officials have observed that many new infections lack any known link to previously identified patients. This gap underscores the urgent need for faster case detection and contact monitoring.

    Indonesia shaken by magnitude 6.1 earthquake near South Nias, no tsunami warning issued

    August 19, 2026

    DRC Sees Near 30,000 Deaths from Malaria After 26 Million Cases, New Data

    August 17, 2026

    Ebola Crisis in DRC Reaches New High with 2,325 Fatalities, Outbreak Sets Record

    August 17, 2026

    Gold Faces Weekly Decline, Influenced by US Inflation Data | Market Weakness Extends to Precious Metals

    August 15, 2026

    Congo’s Ebola Crisis Approaching Record-Breaking Fatalities, Experts Warn

    August 15, 2026

    Europe Leads July Growth as Global EV Sales Rise by 9%

    August 14, 2026

    South Korea Achieves Record Car Export Value of $6.24 Billion in July, Boosted by Eco-Friendly Models

    August 14, 2026
    © 2026 ME Daily Mail | All Rights Reserved
    • Home
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.