Close Menu
    ME Daily Mail: The Middle East, delivered daily.ME Daily Mail: The Middle East, delivered daily.
    • Automotive
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Luxury
    • News
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Travel
    ME Daily Mail: The Middle East, delivered daily.ME Daily Mail: The Middle East, delivered daily.
    Home » EU endorses Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for use in children
    Health

    EU endorses Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for use in children

    May 30, 2021
    Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Telegram Tumblr Email Reddit VKontakte
    The European Commission on Friday authorized Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for use in children as young as 12, paving the way for a broader roll-out in the bloc after similar clearances in the United States and Canada. The decision comes after European Medicines Agency (EMA) backed the use of the vaccine in 12- to 15-year olds earlier in the day. The agency’s endorsement came weeks after it began evaluating extending use of the vaccine to include that age group. The vaccine is already being used in the European Union for those aged 16 and above. 
    EU endorses Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for use in children

    The EMA said two doses of the vaccine, branded as Comirnaty, were required in the 12-15 age group and should be administered with an interval of at least three weeks, the same as for adults, adding that it was up to individual EU states to decide if and when to offer the vaccine to teenagers. Distribution and administration of the vaccine by the EU member states will continue to be determined according to the populations identified in the EU and as per national guidance, Pfizer and BioNTech said.

    Related Posts

    Dubai Police Initiatives Drive $176.4 Million in Social Value and Gains in Safety, Wellbeing and the Economy, Study Reveals

    August 19, 2026

    Ebola Crisis in Congo Surpasses 5,000 Cases, Response Efforts Intensify

    August 19, 2026

    DRC Sees Near 30,000 Deaths from Malaria After 26 Million Cases, New Data

    August 17, 2026

    Congo’s Ebola Crisis Approaching Record-Breaking Fatalities, Experts Warn

    August 15, 2026

    Ebola Crisis in DR Congo Surpasses 1,900 Fatalities, Outbreak Continues to Expand

    August 11, 2026

    Chad Faces 13 Fatalities Amid Rising Cholera Cases, Total Reaches Over 230

    August 8, 2026
    Latest News

    Ebola Crisis in Congo Surpasses 5,000 Cases, Response Efforts Intensify

    August 19, 2026

    According to the World Health Organization, containment of the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo could be achievable within three months if sufficient resources are mobilized. As of August 16, official data indicate 5,021 confirmed cases and 2,378 fatalities. The outbreak has affected six provinces and 55 health zones, with a case fatality rate close to 47%. This has made it the deadliest Ebola event documented in the country’s history.WHO and Congo health teams strengthen surveillance amid the expanding Ebola outbreak. Thierno Baldé, WHO incident manager, emphasized that the timeline for containment hinges on maintaining adequate staffing, supplies, and operational support. The ongoing response has secured approximately $69.3 million of the $115 million needed. Over a two-week span, health teams have added more than 400 treatment beds, deployed 100 additional epidemiologists, and mobilized over 500 community health workers. These teams focus on surveillance, contact tracing, case identification, and patient referrals. Critical resources such as ambulances, vehicles, medical supplies, and trained personnel are essential across affected regions to support these efforts. Transmission has now reached Bas-Uélé, marking it as the sixth province impacted by the outbreak. While Ituri remained the primary hub of transmission in mid-August, accounting for the majority of confirmed cases and deaths, health officials have observed that many new infections lack any known link to previously identified patients. This gap underscores the urgent need for faster case detection and contact monitoring.

    Indonesia shaken by magnitude 6.1 earthquake near South Nias, no tsunami warning issued

    August 19, 2026

    DRC Sees Near 30,000 Deaths from Malaria After 26 Million Cases, New Data

    August 17, 2026

    Ebola Crisis in DRC Reaches New High with 2,325 Fatalities, Outbreak Sets Record

    August 17, 2026

    Gold Faces Weekly Decline, Influenced by US Inflation Data | Market Weakness Extends to Precious Metals

    August 15, 2026

    Congo’s Ebola Crisis Approaching Record-Breaking Fatalities, Experts Warn

    August 15, 2026

    Europe Leads July Growth as Global EV Sales Rise by 9%

    August 14, 2026

    South Korea Achieves Record Car Export Value of $6.24 Billion in July, Boosted by Eco-Friendly Models

    August 14, 2026
    © 2026 ME Daily Mail | All Rights Reserved
    • Home
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.